Saturday, September 13, 2008

My own place to dwell.

I decided a few weeks ago to write my own book. I have been way obsessed with the Twilight series (see last post), and have had this story in my mind for around 18 months. I sat down one Sunday afternoon and began tapping away. I am at least 150 pages in (on Microsoft Word), and still have plenty to go.
It is a love story, a college story, a mother and daughter story, and a sad story, and I've had sad days writing it. What's funny is that for a while, I traded my Twilight obsession for an obsession about my own book; I thought about it in bed, while doing dishes, while exercising - actually, last week I had a massive epiphany about my climax while running- which lends credence to Alan's theory that I just love to be obsessed.

Will I try to get people to read this or publish this when I'm done? As much as I love my characters, I don't flatter myself to think that this is that good.

However, I have another story percolating in my mind. Maybe after I'm done with this one, I'll trade obsessing over it for obsessing over the next one.
And the beat goes on. :)

No comments: